The HTC Legend Android Phone was a much anticipated cell phone released in early 2010. The hype over its release was not wasted and caused no disappointment. This Android 2.1 powered cellular gem has been the darling of Android phones since its release and has even managed to insinuate itself into the team gear of HTC - Columbia. The HTC Legend is the cell phone of choice for this Tour De France team during the 2010 edition of this popular race. The highest winning team in the last few years has chosen to use this phone for many reasons that even non-athletes would be interested in.
The HTC Legend has many interesting features and specifications such as using the now standard Android 2.1 operating system with HTC Sense. It also comes packed with a 3.2-inch HVGA Amoled screen capable of rendering 320 X 480 pixels. The non-tech savvy will find that this means the screen displays gloriously clear images with crisp beautiful color and contrast. The shell of the phone is created from a single piece of aluminum, giving it strength, durability, and that legend quality shine. It comes with a 5.0 megapixel camera that features autofocus and flash. It's Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM 8227 processor clocks in at 600 MHz and runs smoothly. The Legend's processor runs so smoothly, in fact, that it might make the average individual wonder if HTC actually lied and put a much faster processor within the phone. This might simply be a case of a smart phone that actually makes the most usage of its technology instead of wasting space and battery life running through needlessly complex circuitry.
Beyond these simple specifications the HTC Legend is one of the most popular Android phones on the market now for a reason. It looks plain sexy. While it can be scratched a little easier than the Teflon coated HTC Hero it has a more regal appearance and makes up for it by not having the initial firmware issues of its predecessor. Droid phones in general have progressed greatly in the last few years due to the open source nature of software development in the Android operating system. The HTC Legend comes with built-in Android 2.1 but it can easily upgrade to the new Froyo system if the owner so chooses.
With its processing power and Amoled screen this is one of the Android phones that can not only handle such a potent operating system, it will look amazing doing so. It comes with some features that are considered standard now as well. These features include FM radio, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR, and internal GPS (much loved by HTC - Columbia) to name a few.
Among a wide variety of Android phones on the market, the HTC Legend separates itself from the pack by being both gorgeous in appearance and gloriously intricate in its construction. It lends itself well to daily use and can find a place with a wide variety of people from hardcore athletes on the blacktop to the average man on the street.
* GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz, Wi-Fi: IEEE 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate, A2DP for wireless stereo headsets, Internal GPS antenna
* Camera: 5 megapixel color camera with Auto focus and flash, Widescreen photo capture and Geotagging
* Display: Type: AMOLED capacitive touch screen with pinch-to-zoom capability, Size: 3.2 inches, Resolution: 320 X 480 HVGA
* Platform: Android 2.1 (Eclair) with HTC Sense. Storage: ROM: 512 MB, RAM: 384 MB, Expansion slot: microSD memory card (Supports up to 32 GB)
* Automatically lowers the ringer volume as soon as the phone is picked up, Mutes the ringer when the phone is flipped face down, Backs up certain data and settings to the microSD card automatically, such as SMS/MMS messages, bookmarks, and Wi-Fi passwords
HTC Legend A6363 Unlocked GSM Android Based Smartphone with 5 MP Camera, Wi-Fi, gps navigation, Touchscreen and Bluetooth -- International Version with No Warranty (Silver)