Bring Sexy Back With a Motorola Cliq XT Android Phone
The high-end performance that the original CLIQ, Motorola's first Android phone, has carried through into the next generation with the CLIQ XT. The Motorola CLIQ XT Android phone is considered by many to be one of the best smart phones released to date. It is an easily purchased mobile device powered by Android which actually utilizes a virtual keyboard as opposed to the slide-out QWERTY type. This is something many people prefer due to ability to keep the phone as a slim device. This preference is one that many people espouse. A virtual keyboard makes them feel that the mobile device in question is more high-tech and futuristic.
People like the CLIQ XT for many reasons. Its high-tech seeming virtual keyboard is one reason. Another reason is the comfortable rubberized surface. The device feels solid and powerful. It is a sleek sexy piece of technology that gives the user a feeling of power and control over their ability to communicate with the world around them. Beyond that fact lies the reality of what a smart phone is supposed to be primarily designed to do. Motorola has a history and track record of providing exceptional quality communication devices. Signal strength and vocal clarity are of paramount importance in their devices. This holds true with the CLIQ XT.
The features of a cell phone are what draw people to it. However, unlike the super-geeks on the tech-laden internet sites that review these phones most people do not know enough about techno-babble to truly understand what all the numbers and strangely capitalized features mean. The average consumer only wants to know five things about their new phone. These five items are: Does it look cool? Does it easily integrate my social network site accounts? Does it have clear and strong voice translation for actual phone calls? Can I easily access new and innovative apps? Does it cost a small fortune?
With the exception of the final question all answers to these needs are a resounding "Yes". The final question is answered with a happy little "No". Beyond the aforementioned five main items of interest people are also interested in what makes a phone unique or interesting. The CLIQ XT is a mobile device that has sexy coming out of its virtual ears. It looks attractive, it sounds amazing, and it can handle long hard hours of abuse. Who wouldn't like that in a phone?
* Powered by the Android operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market. (Learn more)
* Innovative widget-based MOTOBLUR overlay to Android automatically delivers Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Gmail, and corporate and personal e-mail updates to the home screen in easy-to-view streams so there is no need to open and close different mobile applications. (Learn more)
* Update Facebook, MySpace and Twitter at once instead of opening individual apps with MOTOBLUR as well as upload your photos to Facebook, MySpace, Picasa and Photobucket.
* MOTOBLUR continuously displays your friends' latest profile pics as part of your texts, calls, e-mails and address book.
* View your friends your way: MOTOBLUR lets you view friends from A to Z, by contact history or in groups you make yourself.
* Customize your home screen with your favorite widgets and short cuts.
* Your information is continuously updated and backed up into a secure environment, so you're connected and protected even if you lose your phone.
* Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
* Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
* Built-in GPS with turn-by-turn directions provided by Google Maps and the pre-installed TeleNav GPS Navigator (subscription required after trial ends). With Google Maps, you can instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
* 3.1-inch touchscreen display (320 x 480 pixels, 262K color depth)
* Virtual onscreen QWERTY keyboard with improved input features including addition of magnifying glass to help with cursor location, ability to return to a typed word and receive spelling suggestions, and more.
* Swype input system allows you to input text faster and easier by gliding your finger around the keyboard, moving from letter to letter in one continuous motion. The Swype technology then calculates what word you're intending to type. (Learn more)
* 5-megapixel autofocus camera with flash for sharing images online and creating high-quality prints. Features include digital zoom, multiple white balance settings and color effects, three quality choices, and editing options for both still photos and video.
* Video capture capabilities with up to 24 fps capture rate.
* Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
* Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
* Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB (2 GB card included).
* Multi-format digital audio player with dedicated Amazon MP3 Store app for over-the-air downloads.
* FM radio
* YouTube app for streaming video over 3G and Wi-Fi connections.
* Real HTML Web browsing provides more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
* Visual Voicemail allows you to listen to your voice-mail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
* Voice-activated dialing lets you call someone with simple voice commands when your hands are busy.
* Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
Motorola CLIQ XT, Black (T-Mobile)
Sale Price: $49.99