The Samsung Behold II has got its Droid on! With a “WOW! Factor” of 10, this hot, new superhero of a phone, powered by T-Mobile USA wireless network, is a triumphant victory. Samsung has balanced style and design with power and control. The Behold II feels luxurious, but do not be fooled by the chic and classy look. At perfect fighting weight, this solid, yet super thin device will give you the ultimate in phone experience.
The Behold II Android Phone will even satisfy your practical side. Unlike other phones, it has no backlight, so you won’t find yourself wasting time with constant charging. Functionality is this phone’s middle name. The handy D-pad allows for smooth transitioning between screens. The convenient one-touch unlocking feature coupled with the various wallpaper options from which to choose is just the icing on the cake.
If you are certain you can claim the title of “Most Efficient Multi-tasker”, then this elegantly dependable phone will definitely delight the part of you that loves organization. If you are constantly on the run, the busiest person you know, this is the phone that will keep pace with you. Customizing the different home screens using widgets and shortcuts will transform this device into something more than a phone.
Prefer that slim, sexy feel, but need a phone that can muscle its way through every type of a multi-media? Then you will enjoy the ability of the Behold II to access all the latest, hottest multi-media programs, including music, photos and videos, the Web, You Tube, and Amazon MP3. Like a kid in a candy store, any multi-media junkie will be completely satisfied with the rich experience the Behold II Android Phone provides.
In addition, the Behold II features an innovative and clever “cube menu". Navigation has never been easier. The 3+ inch AMOLED touch screen allows for interaction with the multimedia features. The sophisticated animation look has a vivid display that offers better color than ever before. The crispness of the LED screen presents the 1000’s of ‘apps’ as stunningly realistic. Landscape mode provides a slick visual look as well as convenient access to the keyboard for data entry and texting. Even the handsomely dressed back with its map of the world helps to set this phone apart from its competitors. ‘Beauty and the Beast’ all in one, it’s in a league of its own.
The Samsung Behold II comes pre-loaded with a variety of Google mobile services, including:
* Google Maps: Get turn-by-turn directions and instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
* Gmail: Multiple accounts support and undo for common operations.
* YouTube: One-touch recording and playback from home screen widget or app, one-touch sharing with friends, and the ability to view your own uploaded videos and high-resolution videos.
* Google Talk: Easily switch between chats, search your chat history, and preview pictures and videos sent by links.
* Android Market: Browse and download applications created by third-party developers.
* Calendar: Ability to see who has R.S.V.P.'d to your meeting invitations.
* Amazon MP3 Store: Download stereo-quality non-DRM protected tracks instantly to your wireless phone.
* Fast 3G connectivity via T-Mobile's HSDPA/UMTS network. (1700/2100 MHz bands, UMTS/HSDPA; see more about T-Mobile's 3G service below)
* Quad-band GSM phone for good global voice connectivity. (850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands)
* Powered by the Android 1.5 operating system with deep integration of Google services and access to thousands of apps to customize your phone via the Android Market.
* Samsung's intuitive 3G Cube menu provides quick access to six top multimedia features: music, photos, videos, the Web, YouTube and Amazon MP3 for music downloads.
* TouchWiz user interface for easy customization through movable widgets and one-touch access to commonly used features and applications. The Behold II offers three different home screens to organize multiple workspaces with favorite widgets and application shortcuts.
* Built-in GPS with turn-by-turn directions provided by Google Maps and other third-party apps (for real-time directions). With Google Maps, you can instantly view maps and satellite imagery, as well as find local business. And Google Maps Street View enables you to explore cities at street-level virtually while on the go.
* 3.2-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen: The AMOLED (active matrix organic light-emitting diode) screen reproduces sharper and brighter colors with better battery consumption. The screen also features an accelerometer that automatically changes the orientation from portrait to landscape.
* On-screen keyboard with built-in familiar layout lets you type messages easily without searching for the letter you want.
* Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.0) includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and the A2DP Bluetooth profile--enabling you to wirelessly stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
* Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
* Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 16 GB (a 2 GB card is included with the phone).
* Visual Voicemail allows you to listen to your voicemail messages in any order, respond in one click and easily manage your inbox without ever dialing in to the network.
* Rich HTML email application seamlessly syncs your email, calendar and contacts from Gmail as well as most other POP3 or IMAP email services. The Gmail application provides features such as conversation view, spam filtering, search, and labels that Gmail users enjoy on their computer while offering new features such as integration with the phone's contact list. And it multitasks, so you can read a Web page while also downloading your email in the background.
* Corporate email with Exchange ActiveSync
* Instant messaging support for Google Talk, as well as AOL, Yahoo! Messenger and Windows Live Messenger.
* Text (SMS) and picture/video (MMS) messaging
* Full HTML Web browser enables you to view more pages and enjoy better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
* Organizer tools including calendar, memo, tasks, calculator, converter, stopwatch, voice recorder, world clock
* Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
* Voice dialing capabilities.
The Samsung Behold II weighs 4.2 ounces and measures 4.57 x 2.2 x 0.48 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6 hours of talk time, and up to 400 hours (16.7 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G network (1700/2100 MHz).
What's in the Box
Samsung Behold II handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD memory card, USB cable, wired hands-free headset, quick start guide, user manual